Todd Falcone Sings The Commodores Hit “I Can’t Afford It”
“I can’t afford it” – “I can’t afford it” – “I can’t afford it”
You say it every single day of your life. From those who are struggling to put food on the the table, to those who want that vacation and just can’t take it. If you listen to yourself most people say I can’t afford it at least once a day. Todd Falcone was no different. Growing up he heard I can’t afford it so often that that when he became an adult and started earning money he decided that he would never have to say ”I can’t afford it”.
There is only one business you can join for almost nothing that has an unlimited upside, Todd became a Network Marketer and never has to say, “I can’t afford it” because he is making millions. Now he spends his time teaching others how to do the same thing, and coaching them on changing their lives. He is one of the few that make money doing the things he teaches. Beware of anyone who does not bring in a significant percent of their income doing what they teach. This business changes too fast to be using yesterday’s techniques.
One of Todd’s basic trainings describe six steps to easily out producing every single person around you so that money is never an issue again.
Want to know what they are?
1. Let your beliefs be your guide. – This is the foundation of your success in network marketing. If you don’t get this you won’t get network marketing. You aren’t selling stuff and recruiting people. You are handing people a gift that can completely change their life. When you come from a position of belief no one can touch you.
Ask yourself 2 questions:
o Do people make money in network marketing? When you’re going out into the marketplace you have to have a belief in the system. You can’t believe and doubt at the same time.
o Do people make the money that I want in my life in network marketing? Why would you bother doing something if it’s not going to take you where you want to go? If you’re on a path and it’s not taking you where you want to go you need to get off that path and get on one that will take you there.
After you get the yeses to these questions you can go out into the marketplace and represent network marketing and no one can knock you down.
2. Focus on one thing – If you want to be in the top ten of your company, only do one thing. You aren’t going to achieve freedom by dillydallying around with different deals. If people are making money in your company and you aren’t it’s not the company’s fault. You get to blame you for either your success or your failure.
3. Pick up the pace– How many people are you talking to? It will take sacrifice. If you love to talk put a timer on for five minutes. If the timer goes off and you’re still on the phone with a prospect get off. Listen to the clues people give you. You don’t need to stay on the phone with people you know aren’t the right prospects. It is just wasting your time.
4. Hire yourself – Go to a mirror and look at yourself and ask the question “Would I hire me?” based on how you’ve been showing up and who you’ve been showing up as. Write that down every day.
Draw a box on a piece of paper. In that box write down how many new people you’ve talked to about your business in the last 24 hours. This really puts it in perspective when you write it down. What did you write down? Was it 5, 10, or zero? This is a business of being personally accountable. Double digits a day keep the commission checks on their way. Talk to at least 10 people every day. It’s not that hard. It’s a numbers game. Line up 30 prospects a day to get double digit numbers. Get off your butt.
On the scale of difficulty, 1 being laying on the couch and 10 being brain surgery, network marketing is a 2 ½. You get paid to talk to people.
5. Learn the skills – Practice the script and make it conversational, and finish what you start. This isn’t boomerang marketing, throwing it out there and hoping it comes back to you. Success comes to those people who go and get it. Get Todd’s “Little Black Book of Scripts” and practice everyday. Refine your telephone skills until every one of Todd’s scripts, every rebuttal, and every close, sounds natural. If you have a problem on the phone, buy some old cheap crappy list off of the internet and make 50 calls, so when you get a good prospect on the phone, you won’t blow it. Always follow up. The money is in the follow-up.
6. Flick the fear – Everybody is scared of something, but if you don’t face that fear it will eat you up and the thing that you fear the most will actually happen. Some of you are frozen. You can’t get yourself to pick up the phone. You will not make money until you make contact with a human being. Here’s what you need to do. Pick up the phone and dial the number. You may stutter, stumble over yourself and perhaps not even say a word, but when you hang up the phone (even if you’re only on it for 30 seconds) check yourself out. Feel your heartbeat, your breath and go “I’m alive.” You aren’t going to die of prospecting.
Then do it again and start linking them together. It will get easier.
Start using your ears. Pay attention to the clues people give you, and even when you hear a no ask the person “Who do you know who is outgoing, who might be interested?” If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Stop focusing on you and start focusing on them. If you become outwardly focused and start being interested rather than interesting, you will attract people into your business and see your dreams become reality.
Next time we will talk about the 2 things that will make or break you with Aaron Rashkin. Don’t miss out on these enormously important factors in your life and your business.