Let’s imagine the worst possible personal scenario:
1) Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis,
2) Found your spouse cheating with your best friend,
3) Lost your business and went completely broke,
4) Lost everything and had to start sleeping on your brother-in-laws couch.
Sound like a plot in a movie. This really happened to Susan Sly and in less than 4 months. But she refused to be the victim. 3 ½ years later she had built a multimillion dollar business. If you’re going to be a victim you can’t win the game.
Life’s too short to carry around animosity. If you lost everything you had tomorrow, who would you be? Would you even know? So many of us define ourselves by our jobs, our businesses, and/or our families. Stop defining yourself externally and learn to see the greatness in yourself. Forget about an ordinary life, your life can be extraordinary.
Leaders attract leaders. Trying to be perfect is exhausting and others will sense that desperation within you and not want to work with you.
You need to be a HIT leader.
HIT: Humility, Integrity, Tenacity.
Humility – Be able to say I screwed up. I need to do a course correct.
Integrity – Honesty, transparency, doing what you say you will.
Tenacity – Actually doing it, and never stopping
Work with integrity and your values, and learn to take action with them.
The following are 5 steps to reaching your inner greatness.
1. Figure out what YOUR values are.
2. Pursue your passion – Apathy is one of the enemies of network marketing.
P – Prospecting
E – Enrolling
T – Training
3. Take 100% responsibility. – People refuse to take responsibility. What is in your bank account is no one’s responsibility but yours. It’s time to stop the blame game. You have to own the bad with the good. You have to own your life. You can be a victim or you can choose to be a victor, but you can’t be both. The number one problem is that you have gifts and talents but aren’t organized enough to become a millionaire.
4. Out habit your competition – You need to prospect for new business. That means discipline. The root of discipline means to be a disciple of. You must be a disciple of something. Why do you think so many people are coming to this industry? They’re scared, they want freedom, lifestyle, etc. We’re in competition not just with network marketers but with the lies being fed in corporate America. You’re selling the lifestyle.
5. Know your terrain – You’ve got to know your market, customer, language and culture of industry, history of industry, and product, or people won’t work with you. Know your terrain whatever it might be.
You don’t know what you are capable of. You could lead an amazing life but some of you are still playing in the Little League. To play with the professionals and to get to the next level, ask yourself bigger questions. Whatever amount of money you want to make, do people get that amount of value from just being in your presence?
Create an exceptional experience. If you want to be a millionaire give million dollars service.
Pour greatness into others. Let every man or woman be better just for being in your presence. Genuinely, authentically compliment others. There are so many problems in the world that so many of us want to solve, but you have to get wealthy so you can solve problems important to you.
What goes down eventually comes up. You may have some challenges. Don’t think you’re dwelling there. You are just passing through. You focus on what you are going to do not what you’re going through. If people are criticizing and condemning, you know that it is only making you stronger.
Create a plan. Do not start the day before you end the day. Always plan your next day before you go to bed. Always finish the plan for that day before you make the plan for tomorrow. Never fail on this point and you will never fail.
All distractions are equal. Where your focus goes your energy flows. You can’t ride two horses.
Lastly take time every day for gratitude. Gratitude is your latitude. If you write down 10 things you’re grateful for every single day your income will double in 365 days. If you don’t believe me, prove me wrong. It will cost you nothing and may lead you to freedom.
Next time we’ll talk about dynamic prospecting with David Wood. Learn how to overcome some of the most common objections, and get people to join your company.